Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Murphy's Deli & Bar

100 Fountain St. 
Providence, RI



Name: "Texas" Grilled Cheese
Ingredients: Any combonation of cheeses you want on texas toast-choose from American, Provolone, Swiss and Cheddar (add tomato or anything else you want.)  I picked American and Provolone. No tomato this time.  I think it was like a 1/4 lb. worth of cheese they put on. 
Sides: Potato chips and "our famous pickles" (a bowl of mixed pickles). Ha.
Price: $5
Thoughts:  I like the cheeses I chose (and there is a massive load) but I wish they had brought it out right off the skillet when it was melted because the cheese had started to cool and solidify.  The bread is very buttery....and I quote Tessa Baffoni saying, "It's, like, on my fingers.  The normal reaction is 'Ewww I have butter on my fingers,' but my reaction is, 'This is gonna be so good now.'" If you need a sandwich to soak up the beer, this is the one.  I just wish it was melty, then it would have been so much better.  Loved the place, typical local sports bah (that's me using a Rhode Island accent.)  I've also noted that their Monday and Sunday special are 25 cent wings!  To top it off, I got to enjoy my first Sam Adams Summer Ale of the season as it was on draft.
Score:  ◥◥◥ 1/2
*Bonus Thanks Colin, Kate, and Tessa for grilled cheesing with me!  Kate sent me a powerful quote from a friend of hers, Molly Heermans (another cheese lover) that I will leave you with..."I used to say the only thing better than cheese...is melted cheese!" So true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment