Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Le Serving Spoon

130 W. Ludington Ave.
Ludington, Michigan

I have had the grilled cheese here once before and remembered it in my mind as one of my favorites. When the family and I took our annual summer trip up to Pentwater, MI we spent a rainy day poking around Ludington. It's a great city because it's one of those places that has hardly changed in all the years we've been going to visit. Although one of my favorite places, Fort Daul, has closed. Fort Daul is a kind of hokey shop with a mix of cheap jewelry, kids toys like fake snakes and marbles, native american goods like moccasins, cedar boxes and rock candy. However, a few years back 'Le Serving Spoon' went in by an old diner restaurant we frequented so we ducked in for lunch. I came back specifically to see if the grilled cheese was as good as I remembered the first time and to do a tour stop.

Name: "The Ultimate Grilled Cheese"
Ingredients: Cream cheese, colby-jack, parmesan, and gruyere cheeses on sourdough bread
Sides: Served with fresh-cut fries and a pickle
Price: $7.49
Thoughts: An excellent blend of cheeses, very creamy and melty!! Loved the cream cheese idea. There is a nice bite from the parmesan, salty. The sourdough is crusty, not squishy which I liked.
Quotes: "There are parts that are very creamy. That's my favorite part about it."-Joshua Sikkenga
"Excellent blend of cheese. Not wild about the bread."-Mary Adams
Score: For this review for some reason I had used a 1-4 scale so here is our input
◥◥◥ 1/2 -Abbey Adams
◥◥◥ -Joshua Sikkenga
◥◥ 1/2 -Mary Adams
Average score: ◥◥◥


*Bonus-awesome homemade dessert selection.
This place doubles as a cake shop/bakery. Cookies, mousse cups, pies, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment