Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Red Fez

49 Peck St.
Providence, RI

Name: Thee Famous Fez Grilled Cheese
Ingredients: Olga's pullman bread with Cabot cheddar cheese and tomatoes
Sides: Fries and ketchup
Price: $8.50
Thoughts: The size is HUGE (I suppose size does matter...) and the bread is super thick which would make you think that it wouldn't be melted all the way through. Au contraire mon frere!  There is tons of cheese and this baby is perfectly crispy, not soggy.  I love tomatoes on my grilled cheese (as long as it doesn't make it soggalicious.)  Optional: Smoked ham.  I do not like ham, Sam I am.  Sorry.  Downside: $8.50 is steep for grilled cheese unless it's got imported cheeses and served with more sides. On a silver platter.
Score: ◥◥◥1/2
*Bonus: $2.00 16oz. Schlitz!  This is a rarity here in Providence, cheap beer.

Okay in going back through my stuff, I realize I don't think I took photos?  How silly of me. Here's one I found on the internet of the interior.





l.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment