Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Royal Oak Brewery

215 E. Fourth St.
Royal Oak, MI 48067

Name: Country Grilled Cheese
Ingredients: Fontina and white cheddar cheese (optional: smoked bacon, I opted out) and sliced granny smith apples grilled on fresh bread
Sides: Served with a cup of tomato basil soup
Price: $8.99
Thoughts: The sharpness of the white cheddar paired with the sweet crisp apples is a delicious combonation.  Nice thick cut bread (could be a tad toastier and meltier.) The tomato basil soup is very creamy and very tomato-ey but it's not as spicy or chunky as I'd like.  However, it's a good soup for dipping sammies.  I love this combo, I thought it was clever and refreshing.  I bet the smoked bacon would add a whole other dimension-next time fo sho! This place has a great back patio in the summer too.  Wonderful.
Score: ◥◥◥ 1/2
*Bonus: It's a brewery!  Try the Northern Light if you like a pale ale.  








0 comments:

Post a Comment